Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekly picks #1


For a while, I've been seeking some kind of regularity into my blogging, so it would be easier for people to follow it. I can't rely on 'days in my life' posts, as at the moment I'm not doing much and spending most of my time revising for exams(which are tomorrow, omg!). I've seen other bloggers do these kinds of posts and thought I may as well jump on the bandwagon, if you're interested in something like this. Weekly picks is where I talk about stuff I've been loving this week... On a totally random note, it's weird not spending mothers day with my mother. It's days like these you realize you're far away from home.

I picked up Alice Sebolds 'Lucky' mainly because of the £1 price tag, which I thought was nothing for a book. She's known for her best-selling book The Lovely Bones, which I have also read. Both of these are fantastic books, the difference being that Lucky is a memoir of Sebold's quite horrible youth. I like the way she writes, the way she uses words. It's something beautiful, and I think me and many other aspiring writers could learn from her.
It's been quite sunny recently, apart from a few rainy days in between the lovely weather. Sunglasses are a must for me whenever it's bright outside, as I like to be able to see properly! These round ones I picked up in Finland last summer, in a shop called Ninja. I think they were around 5 euros, which I think is a complete bargain. However, I'm looking into buying new sunglasses as these are very scratched and don't have UV-protection.
As the weather becomes warmer, I tend to go for lighter more dewy makeup. My ultimate skin-combo this week has been Vitamin C+ Illuminating anti-age BB cream from Lumene, Glow All Out luminizing radiance face powder from Soap and Glory and a topshop blush in the shade Head over heels. I think BB creams are a really good option for a foundation during the summer, as it doesn't feel heavy but it gives a little bit coverage and evens out your complexion. The glow all out is my favorite drugstore highlighter at the moment, as it's very subtle and not too shimmery(I'm not very keen on glitter). Head over heels is just a really pretty, summery color and it's been the color on my cheek almost every day this week.
You all probably know I like my red lipsticks, as I hardly ever go anywhere without some shade of red on my lips. This week it's been Rimmel 01 from the Kate Moss collection, which is my holy grail all time favorite lipstick. You can't get a more perfect vintage red shade. I'm not sure if this was a limited edition or not. Hoping it wasn't, because I'm running out..

Hope the amount of writing didn't scare you away. Let me know in the comments if this is something you'd like me to do in the future, or if you absolutely hated this and want me to go back to random posts. I'd like some suggestions on how to make my blog more 'regular' in the sense that there'd be more structure and less randomness (:

No comments:

Post a Comment